Interface for Rhino in Pro/ENGINEER
This GRANITE based, import-only processor is introduced for Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 (M140) as a free download. The plug-in is included in the Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 (M010 and later) installation.
Interface for Rhino in Pro/ENGINEER allows Pro/ENGINEER users to import data directly from native Rhinoceros version 1.0 through 4.0 files. This processor imports boundary representation surfaces, facet data, curves, and colors from *.3dm files.
- Import native files from Rhinoceros versions 1.0 through 4.0
- Import datum curves, colors, boundary representation data and facet data
- Create separate import and facet features for boundary representation and facet data respectively within a single Pro/ENGINEER part
- Interpret Rhinoceros layers to create a flat Pro/ENGINEER assembly structure with individual parts for each Rhinoceros layer
- Increased efficiency over neutral format (STEP, IGES) translation
- Represent Rhino data as a Pro/ENGINEER flat assembly structure
- Edit imported facet and boundary representation data independently, within the same part
Note: No special installation steps are necessary for Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 as this plug-in is installed by default from the Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 (M010 or later) installation CDs. Please refer to the Interface for Rhino installation instructions for Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0.
The key denotes that a Support Account is needed. Talk to a Maintenance Representative about activating your maintenance contract.