GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER
Consider interaction between Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 and 4.0 as pictured. GCRI allows the Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 user to open Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 models. The Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 user can view the full feature tree, add features and save the model. A Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 user can open the original model and graft the additional feature information created in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 to the original Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 model. The result is a fully featured model in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0. The ability to read later release models into earlier releases, add features, and then bring the added features forward to later releases is the concept behind Cross-Release Interoperability (CRI).
GRANITE Cross-Release Interoperability (GCRI) extends the original neutral file based CRI interaction, allowing earlier release users to view existing feature information in the model tree in a read-only format GCRI model. GCRI offers the ability to append features added to the GCRI model in the earlier release to the original, fully featured model in the later release model. This results in a completed, fully modifiable model consisting of features added by more than one Pro/ENGINEER version.Capabilities
- Read models generated in later releases into earlier releases (back to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0).
- Display and maintain the full feature tree in the earlier release.
- Use later release models in downstream applications of earlier releases (analysis, mold design, routed systems, etc).
- Add features to later release models to support downstream application use.
- Appending changes back to later release models to recover full model definition with no loss of design data.
- Clean translation into earlier release eliminates need to repair neutral format translations.
- More modeling information is now available to earlier release users for clearer understanding of modeling intent.
- Protects existing geometry and design intent from changes in the earlier release.
- Improves supply chain interoperability by reducing the cases where all participants must use the same release of Pro/ENGINEER.
GCRI is enabled using a free GRANITE plug-in available for download to maintenance customers for installation in the earlier Pro/ENGINEER release. Please note that you will need a PTC Online Account to download this file. Creating a ptc.com account is free and simple.Support
To get help with GCRI, please log a technical support call. The Product is Pro/ENGINEER, the Module is 3D_INTERFACE, and the Functional Area is GCRI.