Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 FAQ
- What's the news with this release?
- How does Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 fit within the PTC Product Development System (PDS) and how is it packaged?
- Briefly describe a few specific new capabilities and benefits in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.
- What new modules are available with Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
- What services are available for getting Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 solutions rapidly into production?
- What training is available for Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
- How can I learn more about Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
- When will Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 be available?
- How can I get Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
What's the news with this release?
Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 offers numerous enhancements that enable users to overcome the key barriers to design productivity.
- Make design changes faster and easier!
- Real-time, dynamic editing and disruption-free design will help you overcome the traditional barriers to flexible and easy design modification.
- Accelerate time to productivity by up to 10X.
- User Experience enhancements such as graphical browsing, intuitive UI enhancements, streamlined tasks and faster performance improve design efficiency and reduce time-to-market.
- Design in a multi-CAD environment faster!
- Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 sets the standard for CAD interoperability. With increased native support for other CAD systems and non-geometric data exchange you can address the time-consuming and error-prone challenges of working with CAD data from disparate systems.
- Leverage new, seamlessly integrated Creo Elements/Pro applications.
- Creo Elements/Pro continues to redefine how you work in today’s highly coupled, multi-disciplinary design environment. The new Creo Elements/Pro Spark Analysis Extension is the only commercially available product that helps analyze and optimize the electromechanical clearance and creepage properties of designs.
- Continued technology leadership and enhancements to industry leading modules such as digital rights management, CAE, ECAD-MCAD collaboration, CAM, and the newly introduced digital human modeling solution can save you significant time and costs associated with wasteful physical prototyping, production rework and field failures.
- All of these capabilities are integrated with Creo Elements/Pro so users can reduce errors, time and costs from using too many disparate tools.
- Increase collaboration efficiency with breakthrough social product development capabilities.
- Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, the first CAD solution enabled for social product development, will help you remove the communication barriers that prevent you from finding the right people and resources at the right time. Creo Elements/Pro’s seamless integration to Windchill ProductPoint, which leverages Microsoft SharePoint’s social computing technologies will help you find and reuse your design community’s collective knowledge and improve process productivity.
How does Creo Elements/Pro fit within PTC’s Product Development System (PDS) and how is it packaged?
Creo Elements/Pro is an integral part of PTC’s Product Development System. It enables manufacturers to create high-fidelity, digital product definitions and optimize key product development processes. Creo Elements/Pro provides a complete set of capabilities, including 3D solid modeling, surfacing, digital human modeling, rendering, data interoperability, routed systems design, simulation, tolerance analysis, and NC and tooling design. Creo Elements/Pro was designed to work with PTC’s other industry leading solutions as a system, seamlessly connecting to Windchill, ProductView, Mathcad, Arbortext and CoCreate.
PTC offers the broadest range of powerful product development packages on the market today. Creo Elements/Pro is available in packages scaled to fit any size company or design challenge. The scalability of these packages allows you to add new users and expand capabilities (including Windchill, ProductView, Mathcad, and Arbortext capabilities) with new modules as your needs grow. No matter which package you choose, you’ll get the industry’s fastest, most powerful tools.
Briefly describe a few specific new capabilities and benefits in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.
- Raises the Bar on User Experience
- Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 gives you more flexibility and power to modify designs faster and easier
- Real-time, dynamic feature editing lets you see and make changes instantly
- Enhanced direct surface editing enables you to make changes faster and easier - Up to 70% faster!
- Disruption-free design capabilities gives you increased flexibility, allowing you to modify designs faster and quickly, identify regeneration failures, and correct them at the designer’s convenience
- Drives dramatic efficiency and productivity gains
- Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 makes it easier to learn, and use and provides automated, streamlined, task commands enabling you to design more efficiently and shorten their time to design productivity.
- Intuitive dashboard, icon and ribbon user interface enhancements help users navigate commands and tasks more efficiently
- New graphical browsing helps users locate the files even faster
- Faster assembly modeling
- Create simplified sub-assemblies (envelope definitions) 78% faster
- Restructure sub-assemblies 70% faster
- You can create sheetmetal parts 30% faster, place forms 82% faster
- Enhancements to User Defined Features (UDFs) let you dynamically preview and make edits 30% faster
- And, Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 reduces time to productivity from design concept through production
- Industrial design – assign and edit appearances more than 2x faster!
- Improved photo-realistic rendering speed and quality. The Creo Elements/Pro Advanced Rendering Extension now includes the high performance, mental images rendering engine which provides unsurpassed realism in less time.
- Routed systems user interface enhancements lets designers create cables and pipes on the fly
- Route cables in 40% less time, route pipes in 60% less time
- Analysis of weldment models is up to 10x faster
- New trajectory rib feature helps create molded parts up to 80% faster!
- Create facing toolpaths 5x faster using a mill window reference
- Enhanced tool manager lets you replace tools 4x faster- the change is automatically propagated to all NC sequences!
- Sets the Standard for CAD Interoperability
- Creo Elements/Pro, the industry’s most open 3D CAD system, continues to set the standard for CAD interoperability.
- Improved interoperability increases productivity
- Native Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks data support (in all Creo Elements/Pro packages)
- Updated processors
- Non-geometric data exchange helps users preserve and transfer even more model information
- Access imported model data 10x faster and experience up to 84% reduction in memory usage
- Repair imported models faster and easier with even more Import DataDoctor enhancements
- Delivers Technology Leadership and Seamless Integration of Applications
- Creo Elements/Pro removes the barriers of using disparate applications, giving users a true competitive advantage.
- The new Creo Elements/Pro Spark Analysis Extension for electromechanical clearance and creepage analysis
- Automates analysis, improves accuracy and predicts the electromechanical performance of designs
- Saves prototype and production rework time and costs
- The first fully integrated, affordable digital human modeling solution, Creo Elements/Pro Manikin Extension and Creo Elements/Pro Manikin Analysis Extension
- The industry’s first digital rights management and ECAD-MCAD collaboration solutions are also now enhanced. New enhancements accelerate ECAD-MCAD collaboration by up to 20x for incremental updates and give you complete traceability of the changes
- Introduces the Industry’s First CAD Solution Enabled for Social Product Development
- New capabilities, which leverage Windchill ProductPoint, can be easily accessed directly from the Creo Elements/Pro user interface to increase collaboration efficiency
- Search shared files faster with graphical browsing and navigation of data
- Easily stay up-to-date with advanced presence detection and model status updates
- Communicate and collaborate faster and easier with Web 2.0 design collaboration- auto-creation of wikis for design review, discussion, etc.
For more information on Social Product Development, please visit www.ptc.com/solutions/social-product-development
Is there a new module available with Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
Yes, the new Creo Elements/Pro Spark Analysis Extension is now available with Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.
The Creo Elements/Pro Spark Analysis Extension is the only commercially available product that will help you analyze and optimize the electromechanical clearance and creepage properties of your design. By automating and improving the accuracy of the analysis, Creo Elements/Pro helps you ensure product safety and save prototype and production rework time and costs.
What services are available for getting Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 solutions rapidly into production?
PTC Global Services provides a blend of strategic process consulting, system implementation services, and a unique education approach to help leading companies realize the full value of Creo Elements/Pro. These activities have been integrated together and executed using an innovative Realized Value Methodology, a collection of best practices and lessons learned from thousands of customer engagements to ensure that our customers realize the most value from their investment in the shortest possible timeframe. These assets can be utilized through various standard engagements that are designed to meet the needs of a particular business process, industry or implementation stage.
For more information, please contact your local PTC sales representative or reseller.
What training is available for Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
PTC University can help you get up to speed quickly on Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 with training for both end-users and administrators. PTC University offers instructor-led classes in a variety of formats including onsite, virtual and traditional classroom settings as well as eLearning libraries which include unlimited access to all Web-based Creo Elements/Pro training materials. Please refer to the PTC University Web page for more information on PTC University offerings.
How can I learn more about Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
For additional information, please visit the Creo Elements/Pro product page. If you are a current PTC customer, please contact your PTC sales representative for more information.
When will Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 be available?
PTC is planning to release Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 in late September 2009.
How can I get Creo Elements/Pro 5.0?
PTC is no longer automatically shipping CDs for new product releases to maintenance customers. As with other maintenance releases, you can conveniently download Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 or order your free CD from the PTC support site. If you are not an active maintenance customer, please contact the PTC Support Team to get back on maintenance.
Not a customer? Please contact PTC for a local sales representative or reseller for more information on purchasing Creo Elements/Pro.
NOTE: The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion.