Occasionally companies set up proxy servers for their web traffic. If this is the case for you, your SAM window may have an error message, like the sample image to the right in figure 1.
To fix this issue Follow these instructions
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools / Internet Options.
- Click the tab that says Connections (figure 2).
- Click the button that says Lan Settings (figure 2).
- You're proxy information should already be filled in.
- Check the box titled 'Bypass proxy server for local addresses' (figure 3).
- Click OK and OK once again.
- You may have to close ALL instances of Internet Explorer.
Figure 1 - SAM with host file write error.