Hardware Notes - ProductView
Last Updated: August 15, 2003
|Vendor||Operating System||Graphics Hardware|
|Microsoft||Windows XP Professional Edition (Client only)
Windows XP Home Edition (Client only)
Windows 2000 (Client and/or Graphics Server)
Windows NT 4.0 (Client and/or Graphics Server)
|ProductView has been designed to run on any OpenGL-compatible graphics system upon the supported Operating System Platforms.|
|HP (Client only)||HP-UX 10.20
|Sun (Client only)||Sun 2.6
|Solaris OpenGL 1.1 or above is necessary and can be obtained from Sun.|
|SGI (Client only)||IRIX 6.5.5, 6.5.11, 6.5.13|
|IBM (Client only)||AIX 4.3.2|
|Minimum Main Memory Required||64 MB(Windows - Client), 128MB (UNIX- Client), 256MB (Graphics Server - see below)|
|Minimum Available Disk Space||3.5 MB (ProductView Lite),50 MB (Thick Client), 300 MB (Graphics Server)|
|Network Requirements||TCP/IP, Ethernet Network Adapter|
- The Graphics Server should not be installed on an ATI Rage Mobility 128 graphics card. This is due to display driver issues that arise and prevent the proper functioning of ProductView, Pro/ENGINEER and other OpenGL applications on the Graphics Server machine that has this graphics card installed.
- Some Server class machines may not have an adequate graphics controller / card for thumbnail generation and PTC advises customer to consider upgrading graphics hardware on such server machines.
- PTC recommends Windows 2000 Servers and Windows NT Servers for installing the Graphics Server. Windows 2000 professional and Windows NT workstation can be used with limited number of users.
- For Graphics Server running on Windows 2000, PTC recommends service pack 1 or higher. For Graphics Server running on Windows NT, PTC recommends service pack 3 or higher.
- The Certified and Supported Peripherals and Accessories table lists supported plotter/printers for Pro/ENGINEER. This list of plotters/printers is supported for ProductView and are recommended.
- OpenGL Graphics Card is required on the Graphics Server for thumbnail generation and thin/java client support.
- Additional diskspace is necessary based on the number of objects stored in the Server and whether Microsoft Index Server is installed to work with the Graphics Server.
- Hardware configuration of Graphics Server will depend on the number of concurrent users accessing the system. Here is a recommendation.
|Graphics Server Hardware Recommendations|
|Number of THICK Client concurrent users||Configuration (Most data is already converted and resides in EDR)||Configuration (Most data requires on-line publishing and storage in EDR)|
|Less than 20||300Mhz, 256 Mb RAM||Dual processor, 300Mhz, 256 Mb RAM|
|20-40||300+ Mhz, 256 Mb RAM||Dual processor, 300+Mhz, 256 Mb RAM|
|40-80||300+ Mhz, 512 Mb RAM||Quad processor, 300Mhz, 256 Mb RAM|
|80-100||Dual processor, 300Mhz, 512 Mb RAM||Quad processor, 300+ Mhz, 512 Mb RAM|
|100+||Dual processor, 300+ Mhz, 1GB RAM||Quad processor, 300+Mhz, 1GB RAM|