Manikin Vision Cones
Use the Vision Cones command to see a series of cone envelopes representing different ranges of human vision. A series of cone envelopes representing different ranges of human vision are displayed.
PTC Creo Parametric
|Product / Module||
PTC Creo Manikin Extension
|Product Functional Area||
Digital Human Modeling
|User Interface Location||Click Manikin > Vision Cones.|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
The Vision Cones command toggles the display of vision cones on and off. With Vision Cones on, the following displays in the Graphics window:
- Overall (ambinocular) field of view, defined by the manikin's head position and orientation.
- Binocular vision of the manikin, defined as the overlap between the individual vision of the left and right eyes, and defined by the manikin's head position and orientation.
- Optimal vision of the manikin, representing the zone in which to locate important control and instrumentation items, and defined by eye movement within the overall peripheral field.
- Accurate vision of the manikin, designated as an area within the optimal field of view, and best suited for reading tasks. This is defined by eye movement within the optimal field.
- Each vision cone type in a different color for optimized viewing.
Use vision cones to better understand the types of human vision and how to locate key product components or workplace items for visual comfort, safety, and regulatory requirements