Import Data Doctor Diagnostics Wizard
The Diagnostics wizard extends the Troubleshooter dialog box with a series of new error, warning, and informational geometry checks unique to the Import Data Doctor (IDD) environment.
PTC Creo Parametric
|Product / Module||
PTC Creo Parametric
|Product Functional Area||
Import Data Doctor
|User Interface Location||In Import Data Doctor, click Info > Geometry Checks. From the Troubleshooter dialog box, click Edit > IDD Settings.|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
In the Import Data Doctor (IDD) environment, the Troubleshooter is asynchronous. You specify which geometry checks to perform and in some instances you also specify threshold values. The analyses and diagnostics are performed or updated when the Troubleshooter starts, settings are modified, or imported geometry is changed in the IDD environment. The diagnostics correspond to the active geometry in the following ways:
- The Troubleshooter analyzes the imported geometry and the list of resulting geometry checks appears in the Troubleshooter dialog box.
- When you select an item in the Troubleshooter dialog box, the corresponding geometry highlights and there is a zoomed-in view of the problem. A description of the problem and suggestions on how to resolve it are provided.
- You can right-click the identified problem in the Troubleshooter dialog box to select the problem geometry.
You can perform the following diagnostics:
- Bad surfaces (concave domain or boundaries with parallel or almost parallel boundaries) (error)
- Bad two-sided edges (error)
- Bad wireframe curves (error)
- Poorly tessellated edges (warning)
- Small loops of one-sided edges (warning)
- Short one-sided edges (warning)
- Bad vertices (warning)
- Unsatisfied wireframe(info)
- Unsatisfied tangency (info)
- Gaps not added to wireframe (info).
- Almost tangent edges (info)
- Small surfaces (info)
- Narrow surfaces (info)
- Diagnostics 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, and 13 require that you specify some distance. Default values based on model accuracy are provided.
The Troubleshooter in Import Data Doctor helps you to focus on important geometry issues. Repair time is significantly reduced by providing immediate visual and instructional feedback for repairing the geometry check.