9.1 Replication and Vaulting
New capabilities improve replication and vaulting performance and scalability, provide flexible vaulting and replication options, simplify administration, and offer quicker deployment options.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Arbortext Content Manager
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
Performance, Import/Export, and Replication
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Design & Manufacturing Outsourcing
Benefits and Description
This release introduces new capabilities that improve replication and vaulting performance and scalability. These new capabilities provide more flexible vaulting and replication options, reduce network load, simplify replication administration, and offer quicker deployment options.
- Remote Vaulting – The Windchill 9.1 File Server can be optionally configured to externally vault content - providing a capability similar to the Pro/INTRALINK 3.x Fileserver. It is now possible to keep data created by remote sites at remote sites without having to transfer the content to the master server.
- Remote CAD Workers - ProductView CAD Workers can be configured on File Servers to generate viewables and representations near File Servers and reducing the need to transfer large CAD files over the WAN.
Pro/INTRALINK Migration of File Servers - The Pro/INTRALINK Data Migrator supports optionally migrating content stored in remote Pro/INTRALINK 3.x Fileservers directly to remote Windchill 9.1 File Servers.
- File Server to File Server Replication – Replicated content no longer needs to orinate be sent from the master server but can be delivered from the closest proximity server.
- Multi-threaded replication - Windchill 9.1 supports multi-threaded (queues) replication on multiple method servers on multiple hosts, providing a scalable solution for processing replication jobs for multiple File Server simultaneously
- Auto-folder creation for Vault Folders – Windchill can optionally be configured to automatically create disk folders, as necessary, under a "super" folder called a root folder. This decreases the maintenance effort for the Administrators and efficiently uses the space allocated to Windchill file vaults.
- Clean up of Unreferenced Files on File Server Vaults –The “Remove Unreferenced Files” capability is now available for all vaults types on the master server and File Servers
- Support for Local Replication Capability on File Servers - Local replication provides the means to quickly pre-populate a replicate vault near the source server avoiding the time and risk of a large and long initial replication job over a WAN.