Improved Move Tools
The pre-Windchill 9.1 Move capabilities are significantly improved to support more data types and to allow moving objects and folders and their contents across container and organization boundaries (e.g. from Product 1 in Organization 1 to Library 2 in Organization 2).
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Arbortext Content Manager
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
Several reasons trigger the need to restructure and move data around: organizational changes, consolidations, product retirements, evolving business processes, etc.
The Windchill 9.1 Move capabilities will support all these scenarios. Windchill 9.1 Move will allow you to:
- Move data from a container in one organization to one in another organization
- Move dependents objects using the collector
- Move folders and their contents
- Move data’s-related objects such change objects and baselines.
- Move Life Cycle and Workflow Templates from one level of the hierarchy organization to a higher level. For example, you will be able to move a Workflow template from an Organization to the Site level so that it becomes available to the other organizations.
These Moves capabilities will be especially useful to customers migrating from Windchill Foundation to Windchill PDMLink. With the 9.1 Move, you will be able to restructure your Windchill Foundation data creating new Libraries and Products that better reflect your data organization.