Mass Change and other Change Management Enhancements
Windchill 9.1 introduces several enhancements for Change Management, including support for Mass Change, a new Change Notice Summary report and additional capabilities to streamline the management of the Change process
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Change & Configuration Management
Benefits and Description
With Windchill 9.1, several capabilities have been enhanced for the system setup and use of the Change Management process.
- Support for Mass Change operation – End users may easily add, remove, modify child parts of multiple assemblies in one action and eliminates redundant efforts. Enhanced usability with Auto-suggest and Mass Change preview.
- Summary Reporting – There is a new Change Notice Summary Report which displays in a concise fashion all information for a specific Change Notice.
- Expanded Process Flexibility – Several enhancements have been made to processing changes
- Support for locking items included on the Change Notice during a review process. Using the Transition Rules, a Change Lock can now be defined and applied in Change Notice Workflow.
- Ability to Add Checked Out Objects to Affected/Resulting Tables
- Display Preference for Change Notices with Single Change Task