EPP Auto Execution Mode Improvements
Automatically executed plans now include several enhancements to provide a greater degree of control and predictability when scheduling and executing activities.
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Benefits and Description
In PTC Windchill 10.0 M050, EPP plans that are in automatic execution mode offer the following enhancements. These enhancements will not cause incompatibility issues when importing and exporting from Microsoft Project.
Milestone Start and Completion
- You can now manually start a milestone.
- Milestones will no longer complete automatically, but instead must be completed manually or through a workflow process.
- An activity with unsatisfied precedence constraints no longer starts when the Start No Earlier Than date arrives. Instead, both the precedence and the start date constraint must be satisfied before the activity starts.
- Activities can be any task type. Previously, only “Fixed Work" activities were supported.
- When actual dates are determined for an activity, the corresponding estimated date automatically resets to the actual date.
- Completing a summary activity now completes each unfinished child activity.
- The Actual Finish Date is set to the date on which the activity or assignment is completed rather than the Estimated Finish Date value.
- A new preference named Keep Actual Work provides the following changes:
- Completing an activity or assignment sets Work to the value of Actual Work rather than Estimated Work.
- A warning message appears if zero work is entered upon activity completion.
- Entering 100% as % Work Complete causes the Track Work action to behave like the Complete action.
Managing Resource Assignments
- Both scheduled and completed resource assignments are now visible on activity information pages in the Resources table.
- You can now edit resource units for a resource assignment even when the associated activity is in process. You can also now modify the following attributes when tracking resource assignment work:
- Actual Work
- Remaining Work
- Estimated Finish Date
For more information, see Data Management Capabilities > Managing Projects > Projects and Programs in the PTC Windchill Help Center.