EPP Resource Improvements
PTC Windchill 10.0 M050 provides project managers with additional controls for managing and assigning resources.
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Benefits and Description
PTC Windchill 10.0 M050 offers the following project management enhancements for resources:
- It is now possible to transfer a resource assignment to another resource. On the Resources page, you can now transfer all assignments for a resource to another resource. Previously, resource assignments had to be deleted and recreated to transfer work from one resource to another.
- When a team member is removed from the team, the removed user’s assignments are transferred to the user who removed the user.
- The new Create Default Resource Assignment preference allows you to create a default resource assignment for new activities.
- When this preference is set, and no resources are explicitly assigned to the activity, a resource assignment is created for the activity owner.
- When this preference is not set, no default resource assignments are created for an activity.
- Previously, default resource assignments were never created for activities in EPP.
- When completing a resource assignment on the Tasks page, you no longer return to the default table view. Instead, you return to your most recent view of that table.
For more information, see Data Management Capabilities > Managing Projects > Projects and Programs > Resources in the PTC Windchill Help Center.