ECAD Generic Non-Separable Design Type
In PTC Windchill 10.2 M010, the PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD has a new design type when creating a new ECAD design.
PDM & Process Solutions
PTC Windchill Integrations
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill ECAD/MCAD Integrations
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD
|Product Functional Area||
ECAD Data Management
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
The ECAD generic non-separable design type allows a user to keep the Schematic and the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) together, maintaining one object during checkin and checkout. The benefit of the design environment requires the Schematic and the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) data to maintain a relative path.
For users with design environments supporting multiple design tools and mixed environments, there is value in using the same Windchill Workgroup Manager design type. This design type has the following benefits:
- It enhances the PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD to support a non-separable design environment.
- A user can manage any ECAD authoring application with this adapter.
- The adapter allows a user to import an entire design directory and maintain the design as a single ZIP file in Windchill.
- It supports attachment and derived data similar to other design types.
- BOM and viewable creation is supported through the incorporation of a custom hook.