Assigning Expressions on Parts and Part Usage Links in Options and Variants
In PTC Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M010, the Options and Variants functional area has been enhanced with the ability to assign expressions to parts and part usage links.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
|Product Functional Area||
Product Family Management
Product Options and Variants
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Variant Design & Generation
Benefits and Description
In PTC Windchill 10.2 M010, the Options and Variants functional area has been enhanced with the ability to assign expressions to parts and part usage links.
- With a license for a new add-on module, Platform Structures, users can create both basic and advanced expressions.
- A basic expression is a list of applicable choices.
- Advanced expressions enable customers to define a more complex logic to determine the conditions for including or excluding a part from a product structure. Advanced expressions may include several subexpressions connected by “or,” specifying several conditions that produce a particular outcome.
- The Supported Expressions preference allows administrators to determine the type of expression (basic or advanced) to assign to parts or their usage in the product structure. Only one type of expression can be assigned to a part or its usage.
- Customers can extend the new capability to support site-specific expression formats or validation processes.
For more information, see the “Assigning Expressions to a Configurable Module or to a Part Usage” topic in the PTC Windchill Help Center. Tip: Enter the topic name in the PTC Windchill Help Center search field to easily navigate to the topic.