PTC Windchill Help Center Changes
With PTC Windchill 10.2 M010, both the content and the functionality of the PTC Windchill Help Center have been enhanced to support user adoption and improve the user experience.
|Product / Module||
PDM & Process Solutions
Product Analytics Solutions
PTC Windchill Integrations
PTC Windchill Reporting
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
With PTC Windchill 10.2 M010, the PTC Windchill Help Center has been enhanced in a number of ways:
- A new profile category, New and Changed, has been added to the Profile Settings configuration pane in the PTC Windchill Help Center.
- The “Alias Attribute Mapping” topic has been enhanced with additional examples and syntax usage explanation.
- A new “Adding or Modifying Units Symbols and Conversion Factors” topic has been added to the Windchill units documentation in the Type and Attribute Management help.
- The Advanced Search page layout has been redesigned to make it easier to select individual object types and contexts. In addition, several help topics about Windchill searching have been revised and enhanced.
- Multiple enhancements have been made to Windchill Desktop Integration for Windows Explorer, including information about enhanced drag-and-drop abilities and new right-click menu actions.
- Information on the various creators groups has been clarified. A user must belong to specific creators groups to be able to create and administer specific application contexts or shared teams within an organization.
- The legacy mode documentation for the Report Builder has been updated to clarify the behavior and functionality available for reports in legacy mode.
- Changes to the Resdistributable Windchill Workgroup Manager Client Installer user interface have been documented.
- The CAD Document and Product Structure help topics have been reorganized to include illustrations of the workflows so that users can easily follow the process.
For more detailed information about these and other PTC Windchill Help Center enhancements, see the "Changes for This Release" topic in the PTC Windchill Help Center.