Sharing Usability Improvements in Projects
PTC Windchill 10.2 provides the option to apply a filter to manage PDM objects shared to projects.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Arbortext Content Manager
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
Check out / Add to Prject
Product Structure and BOM Management
Project Management and Execution
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Benefits and Description
Starting in PTC Windchill 10.2, users have the option to apply filter settings that will determine how PDM shared objects should be updated within a project. Previously, the default behavior was to update shared objects to their latest version.
- The sharing filter can be any filter created in a part structure and shared with other users.
- Once shared, the filter appears in the Sharing Filter menu on a Create Project or Edit Project window.
- This is an optional selection; leave this field blank to continue using the legacy functionality.
- A “sync exception” status indicator alerts users when a shared object is excluded from the filter criteria.
- An “out of sync” indicator alerts users when the source object has changed according to the filter criteria.
- Updating an out of sync object synchronizes the shared version with the source object to match filter criteria.
For more information, see the About Sharing Filters topic in the PTC Windchill Help Center. Tip: Enter the topic name in the PTC Windchill Help Center search field to easily navigate to the topic.