Type and Attribute Management Enhancements
PTC Windchill 10.2 offers multiple enhancements to the Type and Attribute Management functionality, including enhancements to attribute layouts, constraints, calculated attributes, and support for languages added after installation.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Arbortext Content Manager
PTC Windchill Administration
PTC Windchill PartsLink Classification and Reuse
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
Installation and Administration
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
With 10.2, the Type and Attribute Management functionality in PTC Windchill has been enhanced in the following ways:
- Attribute layout enhancements:
- When attribute groups are displayed in grid format, attributes can span more than one horizontal cell. Also, empty cells within the grid are displayed in the user interface.
- When PTC Windchill PartsLink is installed, a new layout element (nested classifications layout) is available in addition to attribute groups.
- For more information, see the Editing Attribute Layouts topic in the PTC Windchill Help Center.
- Attribute constraint enhancements:
- With 10.2, a new attribute constraint rule, External Enumerated Value List, is available. This constraint is similar to the existing Enumerated Value List constraint, but its values come from an external source, such as an ERP system.
- The Legal Value List constraint is supported for Boolean data types.
- For more information, see the Attribute Constraint Rules topic in the PTC Windchill Help Center.
- Calculated attribute enhancements:
- Calculated attributes support additional data types (Real Number with Units, Real Number, and Integer Number) and allow multiple data types to be used within a single formula.
- Support has also been added for new operators and functions within the calculated attribute formula.
- For more information, see the Calculated Attribute Formulas topic in the PTC Windchill Help Center.
- Support for adding languages after initial installation:
- When languages are added after the initial installation of PTC Windchill, the additional language options are available in the Localize window launched from the Type and Attribute Management utility.
- Localized values for the additional language are included with types, and they are exported and imported.
Tip: Enter the topic name in the PTC Windchill Help Center search field to easily navigate to the topic.