Updates to Using Microsoft Excel to Export and Import Data
PTC Windchill 10.2 includes significant enhancements to the import/export capabilities in Microsoft Excel. These capabilities provide a more robust ability to import and export data as well as a simplified and easier user process flow. Together, these make it faster than ever to work with Microsoft Excel in the PTC Windchill PDMLink environment.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill Supplier Management
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
The following import enhancements appear in PTC Windchill 10.2:
- New launch point in the Folders table
- Support for the following:
- Replacements (alternates and substitutes)
- Standard attributes
- OIR or user-defined numbers
- Choice to reset or leave undefined attributes in place
- Ability to update master attributes
- New Update Checked Out Parts in Place option on the Import from Spreadsheet window (This allows import updates to take place even if objects are checked out.)
- Validation step that provides much more detailed and complete feedback and can be easily revalidated after the spreadsheet is updated
- New Preview step that has new BOM compare action for all updated BOMs loaded from spreadsheet
- New Import Job Monitor action available from the Quick Links menu
Additionally, there is an Export Importable Spreadsheet action that launches a simple HTML-based tool for exporting of parts, BOMs, and replacements.
For more information, see the Using Excel to Export and Import Data topic in the PTC Windchill Help Center. Tip: Enter the topic name in the PTC Windchill Help Center search field to easily navigate to the topic.