Multiple Assignees and Reviewers in Change Tasks
In Windchill 10.1 M040, multiple assignees and reviewers can now be set when creating change tasks. You can also select additional roles that have been added to the workflow.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
|Product Functional Area||
Planning & Implementing Changes
Planning, Implementation, and Release
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Change & Configuration Management
Benefits and Description
- You can now specify multiple users and/or groups to the Assignee and Reviewer roles when defining change tasks.
- This allows the task to go out to many people and be accepted by the person who will perform the task.
- If there are additional roles defined in the workflow, you can also see the users who will perform those roles when you are defining the change task.
- You can also see roles and the users assigned to them in the Change Notice Summary table, which displays both the data being changed and the users involved in the change.
- You can specify users for other roles that have been added to the change task workflow.
- You can use the new multiple selection feature or select single items based upon the type of change task, which is set in a property.
- You can expand groups and subgroups that are assigned to roles when selecting users.
- Users and groups that are selectable are based upon context team, team instance and workflow pool definitions.
- You can see roles and users for open workflow items in the Change Summary table by making the Open Task Assignees column visible.