Alias and Calculated Attribute Display Enhancements
In Windchill 10.1 M040, alias and calculated attributes can now be displayed on information pages, on create and edit windows, and in custom table views.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Arbortext Content Manager
PTC Windchill Capa
PTC Windchill Customer Experience Management
PTC Windchill MPMLink
PTC Windchill Nonconformance
PTC Windchill PartsLink Classification and Reuse
PTC Windchill PDM Essentials
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill PPMLink
PTC Windchill ProductPoint
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
PTC Windchill QMS
PTC Windchill Requirements Management
PTC Windchill Supplier Management
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
Table Columns, Information Pages, and Create and Edit Windows
Alias and calculated attributes can now appear on table columns, information pages, and create and edit windows.
- Users can add them to tables and configure them as part of table views.
- Administrators can add them to information pages and existing create and edit windows by updating the attribute layouts for those windows.
For more information, see Specialized Administration > Tailoring Business Objects > Type and Attribute Management > Managing Types > Type Information Page > Layouts Tab> Editing Attribute Layouts in the Windchill Help Center.
Note: If an attribute affecting a calculated attribute is modified in an edit window, the calculated attribute value is not updated until the edit is complete.
Column Headers in Tables
Alias and calculated attributes are now available in the Set Column Display step of the New View window, so they can appear as column headers in tables.
For more information, see the following topics in the Windchill Help Center:
- Basic Administration > Managing Data > Site Administration > Administering Table Views for the Site
- Basic Administration > Managing Data > Organization Administration > Administering Table Views for the Organization
- Windchill Fundamentals > Personalizing Your Environment > Table and Table View Overview > Creating and Editing New Table Views
For an example, see Displaying Alias Attribute Information for a Workflow Primary Business Object on the My Tasks Table section under Basic Administration > Managing Data > Reference > Site > Best Practices in the Windchill Help Center.