General EPP Scheduling Improvements
In Windchill 10.1 M030, all EPP plans provide greater control when values are entered, displayed, and calculated. This includes a redesigned layout when creating and editing activities.
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
Project Management and Execution
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Benefits and Description
Starting in 10.1 M030, EPP plans offer the following enhancements:
- The Create/Edit Activity windows have been redesigned. Scheduling attributes are now grouped together, clearly showing which are editable as attributes affecting the scheduling equation. Resources can be assigned even when resource units are automatically calculated.
- A new Duration Change for Fixed Duration preference allows you to configure whether work or units are updated when the duration of a fixed duration activity is modified.
- It is no longer possible to delete activities or resource assignments from the Tasks table.
- The default task type used when creating a new activity can be configured by adding the defaultTaskTypeCode property to the wt.properties file.
- Previously, the default time for the Estimated Finish Date was 1:00 AM. Now it is set to the time configured as the end of the working day.
- Work values contain the following updates:
- When the value of actual work entered by the user produces a non-integer value for % Work Complete, the value of the actual work is preserved.
- EPP now displays the Work value as a user-friendly integer while maintaining the real value for scheduling calculations.
- Work hours can be entered using the localized numeric formats. For example, the comma can be used as the decimal separator when appropriate.
- When a deliverable that is linked to a milestone is completed before the milestone has started, an actual start date is set for the milestone. Previously, the actual start date was left blank.
- Soft attributes on activities are now supported in project templates.
For more information, see Data Management Capabilities > Managing Projects > Projects and Programs in the Windchill Help Center.