Enhanced Support for New Information Elements
Windchill 10.1 M030 includes improvements to create new text, graphic, and parts list information elements in a consistent manner, with support for subtypes and subtype attributes.
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill Service Information Manager
|Product Functional Area||
Arbortext Document Management
Structured Content Management
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Technical Information Creation & Delivery
Benefits and Description
Windchill 10.1 M030 includes the following improvements for creating new information elements:
- Provides consistent actions and user experience for creating new information elements in the context of information structures, publication structures, and folders.
- Supports templates for text and graphic information elements.
- Supports subtypes and subtype attributes when creating new information elements.
- Uses the designated folder as the location for both content and content holders.
- Supports drag-and-drop to upload files for new graphic information elements.
- Provides consistent support for organization IDs and security labels.