Business and System Administration Improvements
Windchill 10.1 M020 contains improvements to business and system administration, including the new Create Similar User feature, soft type conversion utility enhancements, support for exporting shared and system table views, support for setting part and document revisions at creation, and a new Legacy Mode for reports.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
Windchill 10.1 M020 includes the following improvements to business and system administration:
- The new Create Similar User feature allows an administrator to create a user that is similar to an existing user in the system.
- For users that do not exist in Windchill or its associated LDAP, a new action for creating a similar user can be accessed from the right-click actions menu on an existing user in the Participant Administration utility.
- The Create Similar User window has the same steps as the New User window: Set Attributes, Assign to Groups, Assign to Profiles, and Assign Picture.
- Some attributes, group assignments, and profile assignments are pre-populated from the source user.
- The administrator can use these pre-populated values as a starting point for the definition of the new user.
- For users that already exist in Windchill’s associated LDAP, the New User and Edit User windows contain actions to copy group and profile membership from one existing user to another existing user.
- This release includes soft type conversion utility enhancements including reduced rewriting and fixing type data.
- This release supports exporting shared and system table views from one Windchill system to import into another Windchill system of the same release level.
- Site and organization administrators can export selected shared and system table views from the Customize View List window for a table.
- Site administrators can export all shared and system table views from a Windchill system using a command line utility.
- Exported table views can be imported using the Import/Export Management utility.
- This release supports setting the revision of a part or document when the part or document is created. When enabling this functionality, administrators can choose to make the editable Revision field available to all users on the New Part or New Document window, or to use profiles to make the field available only to a limited set of users.
- New Legacy Mode allows customers with large numbers of existing Query Builder reports that were authored before Windchill 10.0 M010 to generate results as in previous releases, but within the Report Builder window.