Configuration Management Improvements
Windchill 10.1 M010 includes new configuration management improvements.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
Product Structure and BOM Management
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Change & Configuration Management
Benefits and Description
The Windchill 10.1 M010 release includes the following enhancements to improve configuration management:
- BOM comparison—Users can now compare version attributes and view reference designator differences. This release also features a Display Only Differences filter and a Preferences tab in the Compare to Part Structure window where users can select attributes for comparison and decide whether to include documents and replacements in the comparison.
- Product Structure Browser—Users can now display and manage AML/AVL relationships directly in a Product Structure Browser tree.
- Viewing and managing the AML/AVL—Users can view and manage the AML/AVL from the Structure tab of the information page of an OEM part as an alternative to using the AML/AVL tab. Using the Structure tab to work with the AML/AVL allows you to see supplier parts integrated within an overall product structure.
- Baseline—This release includes support for subtypes and global attributes in the New Baseline window.
- Timestamp effectivity support—Users can select date or date and time effectivity parameters for parts.
- Replacements—Users can give substitutes different reference designators.
For more information, see the Windchill Help Center:
Data Management Capabilities > Configuration and Change Management