Change Management Improvements
Windchill 10.1 M010 includes Change Management usability improvements.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Change & Configuration Management
Benefits and Description
Windchill 10.1 M010 includes the following enhancements to improve the usability of change management:
- User-selectable target states—Users can now select target states for resulting data based on transition definition in life cycles. This release supports both user-selectable and fixed-release targets.
- Configurable administrator-defined business rules—Users can now execute a workflow more easily. This release supports current out-of-the-box technical checks and includes new rules:
- Life cycle state check—Checks that the object’s first-level children are at the right state or are being released on the correct change
- Attribute check—Creates validations to check attributes.
- Action items support for change—This release supports the creation of action items on all change objects. Users can also find this enhancement in Windchill 10.0 M040.
- BOM Compare launch points—Users can now perform BOM Compare from the Change Summary and Resulting Data tables.
- Change configurable link support for Change Objects—Sites are now able to define configurable links for problem reports, change requests, and change notices. Users can also find this enhancement in Windchill 10.0 M040.
For more information, see the Windchill Help Center:
Data Management Capabilities > Managing Change > About Change Management