Windchill Visualization Services (WVS) and Creo View Interoperability
WVS in Windchill 10.1 includes a number of improvements in the control of publishing operations. The performance of loading 3D models into Creo View from Windchill is significantly improved through the use of local file caching on the user's computer.
PDM & Process Solutions
PTC Creo View MCAD
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Change & Configuration Management
Variant Design & Generation
Verification & Validation
Benefits and Description
Creo View 2.0, when working with Windchill, now provides a local cache for .ol (geometry) files, providing significant improvements in load time for subsequent re-use of the files. This applies to both the Visualization Tab and Creo View. This caching should also provide benefits in reduced Windchill and network loading.
- Improved control of publishing from within the Job Monitor:
- Publishing prohibition and resubmission are now available from within the Job Monitor.
- A text filter in the Job Monitor enables filtering of what is displayed according to information within the logging information of each job (for example, find jobs which failed for a particular reason).
- The scheduled job to remove references to completed publish jobs may now be configured to delete jobs that are older than a specified age.
- A new menu on the representation listing enables files within a Creo View representation to be opened directly to an associated application. By default, this is configured to enable a user to open PDF files directly to the appropriate application that is installed on the user’s computer.
The Windchill/Creo View CAD and Interference workers support forms-based authentication provided elsewhere in Windchill 10.1.
Interference Management Services and CAD Publishing improvements:
The Windchill Interference Management Services supports interference checking of configuration contexts.
Data authored by Creo Elements/Direct Modeling may now be published to the Creo View formats.
The “available time” parameter is now exposed in the worker agent window user interface to specify times that specific workers are to be made available for publishing.
For more information, refer to the Windchill Help Center:
Specialized Administration > Supporting Visualization and Publishing