Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD
The ECAD Workgroup Managers now use the common Windchill Workgroup Manager framework used by other Workgroup Managers.
PDM & Process Solutions
PTC Windchill Integrations
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD
|Product Functional Area||
ECAD Data Management
Structured Content Management
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Benefits and Description
Windchill 10.0 continues to provide capabilities to support ECAD Data Management in Windchill.
Improvements in Windchill 10.0:
- In Windchill 10.0, the ECAD Workgroup Manager is updated to use the Windchill Workgroup Manager common framework and the earlier Java-based client is now retired.
- The Windchill Workgroup Manager has been enhanced to support the following ECAD applications:
- Cadence: Desing Entry HDL, Design Entry CIS (OrCAD CIS), Allegro PCB Editor, Allegro APD
- Mentor Graphics: BoardStation XE, Expedition Enterprise, Design Capture, PADS Logic and PADS Layout
- Zuken: CR5000 SD/BD, Design Gateway support is planned for an MOR
- Altium: Summer/Winter 2009 release
- ECAD Data Management now utlilizes workspaces and a client cache.
- ECAD Authoring tools can be invoked from the Windchill Workgroup Manager user interface.
- Improved BOM management in support of HDIC and TDD.
- Improved support for Design Variant BOMs.
- Hooks are now tied to actions rather than process.
- New user interface window to create ECAD design content holders in Windchill in support of common ECAD business processes.
- Out of the box ECAD EPM Documents and WTPart types in support of ECAD business processes.