Windchill RequirementsLink 10.0 continues to enhance core capabilities released with 9.1 M030 and introduces new features for improved productivity and user experience.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill MPMLink
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Requirements Definition & Management
Verification & Validation
Benefits and Description
Key enhancements and features include:
- User Interface Enhancements - This enhancement streamlines and simplifies the creation of requirement objects through the updated user interface. In addition, users can now import requirements authored in Microsoft Word directly to a specified folder and use spell checker in editor
- Support for Images through Microsoft Word Import - This enhancement allows users to include images along with rich text description through Microsoft Word import.
- Multi-Select Save-As on Requirements - Users can select requirement objects from across multiple specifications and folders, and duplicate them by using the save-as operation. This includes the ability to save requirements directly into a new or existing specification or folder. In addition, users can collect any upstream/downstream requirements during the save-as process.
- Establish Multiple Traceability - Users can create multiple traceability links between objects managed across specifications, collections, and product structures. Includes ability to create different kinds of trace links and automatic checks for traceability constraints, allowing users to only create links that are permissible.
- Specification Templates - This feature allows users to create new specification template and save existing specification as a template. The template can be enabled, disabled or hidden in a context.
- Offline Package Viewer - This feature allows users to create a package containing requirements and specifications for offline viewing. The package maintains specification structure and includes a simplified information page with active hyperlinks for quick online access.
- RequirementsLink COGNOS reports - This includes addition of new report to generate full description on specification including upstream and downstream links. Existing traceability reports is also enhanced to include capability to generate reports between two sets of objects managed in a specification, collection or product structure.
- Flowdown to MPMLink Objects - This enhancement allows users to create trace links to MPMLink objects (process plans, sequence, operations, and manufacturing capabilities).
- Routing support for Requirements in Project - Users can use Windchill ProjectLink routing capabilities for review and approval of requirement objects.