Project Planning and Execution
Windchill ProjectLink 10.0 provides more advanced planning capabilities to create robust and detailed project plans, resulting in improved interactions with Microsoft Project.
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
Project Management and Execution
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Design & Manufacturing Outsourcing
Benefits and Description
Windchill ProjectLink 10.0 continues to provide core capability for project planning and execution. ProjectLink Enhance Project Planning capability released with 9.1 M030 provided customers with better tools for detailed project management and better compatibility with Microsoft Project and has become the default for project plan creation and execution with this release. However, based on your project template selection you will still be able to create and execute project plans using the “classic” Windchill ProjectLink scheduling approach.
Key capabilities of Windchill Projectlink 10.0 include the ability to:
- Create activity and milestone descriptions.
- Define milestones with multiple associated deliverables, including the option to link deliverable completion to activity completion.
- Subscribe to an activity, milestone, and deliverable.
- Automatically execute project plan, with an email notification mechanism to resources when an activity become active. This is similar to the “auto-execution with task” process in the "classic" project planning tool of ProjectLink.
- Define activity with date constraints, such as start date, end date and deadline.