Change management in Windchill PDMLink 10.0 has been enhanced in several key areas, including improved flexibility in creating and sequencing change tasks, new and improved change reports, abilities to create problem reports and variances in projects, and updates to disposition capabilities.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Change & Configuration Management
Benefits and Description
Key capabilities of Windchill PDMLink 10.0 includes the ability to:
- Sequence change tasks. Tasks can be sequenced so that some tasks will only start after tasks in the previous sequence are finished. This allows changes to follow a more logical timing based upon work completion. (This capability requires that Windchill ProjectLink is installed.)
- Sequencing is supported for both normal and revised change notices.
- Support is added for updating the order of change tasks that are both revised and unrevised.
- Controlled by a preference setting.
- Create change tasks without assigning an assignee or reviewer at creation. There is a preference which defines at which life cycle state these must be populated.
- Allow reviewer to be optional on change tasks. This is controlled by a preference setting.
- Promotion Request simplification with 50% reduction in steps to create a promotion request.
- Additional data can be added to the promotion request through Paste or Add Items action as well as through the collector.
- Promotion Requests now support soft types and soft attributes.
- Promotion Request link is displayed on Authorization / Released On column of Version History table (of the object being promoted).
Disposition now has three disposition fields out-of-the box including On Order, Work-In-Process and Finished. Values for these fields are controlled by the type manager and can be unique for each field. Fields can be added or removed through customization support for those needing more or less disposition fields.
Change notice summary report enhancements include signatures and related changes. Summary reports are also added for all other change types. Reports are now easily accessed from the Actions pull down for all change types.
Implementation status report for a change notice gives a report of all change tasks with details for Assignee, Reviewer, State and more.
Pending change indicator updated for improved performance.
Related Work items table added for changes that enable views of child change objects as well as any related workflow tasks for the parent and the children.
Workflow tasks can be reassigned from this table as well.
Affected end items tables and window steps can be disabled through a preference setting if not used.
Mass change supports adding and removing documents to parts. Link type is respected and selection method depends on preference value for part to document association logic. Filtering by view is also supported.
Problem reports and variances (deviation and waiver) can be created in the scope of a project.
Ability to create in a project is preference controlled.
Can be tied back and closed out by a Change Request in a product or library.
Affected items added to these must be shared from a product or library.