CAD Adapters for WWGM
Windchill 10.0 introduces several enhancements to the Workgroup Managers for SolidWorks, NX, Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD. These include enhancements to data import/export, the support for CAD document Soft Types and improved template and drawing support. In addition, specific functional improvements have been made to SolidWorks which include support for SolidWorks Toolbox, Virtual Components and Exclude from BOM.
PDM & Process Solutions
PTC Windchill Integrations
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for AutoCAD
PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for Autodesk Inventor
PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for NX
PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for SolidWorks
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Benefits and Description
- Data Exchange - Import/Export Workspace - Users who want to import assemblies, drawings, parts and their dependents are now able to perform this functionality within the context of the Workgroup Manager without needing to explicitly open the data in the CAD application. This provides a quick and efficient method for getting content into and out of the WWGM environment without having to write a package file. Note that the import process does require access to the CAD application in order to extract CAD metadata for import.
- CAD Document Soft Types - Windchill Workgroup Managers now support soft types of CAD documents, allowing customers to define meaningful sets of attributes for different types of CAD data (for example, forging vs. casting, mechanical vs. electrical).
- Functional WWGM API - Users will have the ability to perform basic Windchill commands in a programming environment. Commands such as check-in and check-out will be part of this functional offering.
- Create New CAD Doc from HTML User Interface using a Template - This feature allows users to create CAD documents using templates representative of the CAD application. To create a new CAD document the user can either create it from within the HTML user interface or through traditional means within the authoring CAD application.
- Support for SolidWorks Toolbox - Continuation of SolidWorks Toolbox support in Windchill 10.0. Improvement in conflict handling for Toolbox parts that pre-exist in the Windchill environment.
- Support for SolidWorks Virtual Components - New capability that allows dependents within a virtual assembly to be excluded from Windchill. Previously virtual component parts were exposed when created and stored within a virtual assembly.
- SolidWorks Support for "Exclude from BOM" - This new capability provides support for the SolidWorks Exclude from BOM feature. When the user enables this option within SolidWorks any assembly and its dependents (or component) will be omitted from the Windchill Part Structure.