CADDS 5 CVMAC Compiler
Extensive user programming capabilities that augment the CADDS family of software applications.
The CVMAC graphics computer programming language allows users to integrate unique procedures into CADDS 5 in order to automate repetitive operations, add new features, or tailor the system to meet specific requirements. This fully compiled language is optimized for speed and portability.
CVMAC offers commands at all levels of sophistication, permitting both beginners and experienced users to optimize their levels of productivity. The CVMAC language is easy to learn and use. It requires no previous programming experience. In fact, CVMAC programs can include textual prompts and/or references to data files that permit the inexperienced user to employ the language successfully. The layered architecture supports easy maintenance of user-developed applications.
From directly within CVMAC programs, users can create CADDS 5 design and drawing files, including geometric constructs, dimensioning, and text. CVMAC supports basic CADDS 5 operations such as view manipulation and user digitizing. The language also provides a variety of ways to position and search through a CADDS 5 database, and selectively retrieve information. The tool offers many high-level features, such as control statements and functions, along with CAD/CAM/CAE-specific programming features.
- Enables users to develop CAD CAM software applications faster and more cost effectively, with minimum impact on CADDS 5 software
- Improves productivity by automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks and integrating unique capabilities into CADDS 5
- Enhances family-of-parts generation
- Eases maintenance and enhancement of programs
- Automatic, immediate, or deferred mode execution of CADDS 5 commands, plus an interactive mode for CVNC commands
- Built-in functions for numeric, text, and graphics data manipulation, including standard arithmetic operators for internal calculations
- Direct access to the CADDS 5 database for geometric modeling and detailing, including wireframe, surface, and solid entities
- Extensive operators and conditional expressions
- Multiple database extraction techniques, including supports for query and extraction of all desired data in a single execution
- Output to display and/or text files
- Powerful programming structures such as internal and external subroutine calls, C and FORTRAN calls, conditional structures, and error trapping and control
- Sequential and direct access to data files
- Sophisticated program controls (constructs)
- Versatile handling of data types and variables