CADDS 5 Electrical and Outfitting Design Option
CADDS 5 Electrical and Outfitting Design Option provides capabilities to support the development of major Ship Electrical systems, including cabling schematics, 3D cableway networks, 3D routing of cables and the cableway support structures.
This CAD CAM software application also supports multiple concurrent users and maintains consistency through an Oracle database. This database may then be used to interface to third-party cable management software.
This information created during a cable design session can be stored in a local Oracle database or in a company's Oracle or Optegra database using the included database management tools so that cableway design rules and component usage can be tracked.
CADDS 5 Concurrent Assembly Option is also recommended with this package for additional assembly scalability and flexibility (not a prerequisite).
This package includes:
- Ship Electrical
Cableways routed along complex path with automatic support selection based on segment type.
CADDS 5 Ship Electrical
CADDS 5 Ship Electrical design software facilitates the design and modeling of onboard electrical cabling systems. The system enables users to develop cabling schematics and 3D cableway networks (including cable trays and hangers), and to route electric cables into the 3D model. Schematics are created by selection from a library of devices and cables available for a ship's system. Single-line routing of a cable run may be used to reserve a space envelope for clash detection, and also be used to automatically multi-tier cable runs for detailed design.
Placement of 3D devices, and cable-routing through the 3D model, is driven from the schematic definition, ensuring consistency of the design. Many concurrent users may be creating schematics and cable runs; consistency is maintained through a central Oracle database. This Oracle database is then used for integration with third-party cable management products.
Cableways routed along complex path with automatic support selection based on segment type
- Eases creation of system schematics by selection from a library of electrical devices, cables, and systems
- 3D cableway modeling may proceed concurrently with schematic evolution
- Storage of information in a central database enables many concurrent users to work on the same ship
- Support for the evolving design of the 3D cableway network from space allocation through detail support design
- The 3D models are shade-able to ease visualization and design / clash checking
- Devices placement into the 3D models is driven from the schematics, ensuring consistency of information
- Integration with third-party cable management systems, through a neutral Oracle database, enables the user organization to use a cable project management database system of their choice, with a graphical schematic and modeling front-end
- Ability to develop cableways along complex non-orthogonal paths to optimize space usage in confined areas
- Cross-section size change and orientation along cableways enables twisting around reserved spaces for optimum path
CADDS 5 provides rules-based, intelligent, automatic and interactive cable routing based on cableway segregation, cable type, proximity rules and compatibility.
- Intelligent multi-user cabling schematics
- Automatic numbering of devices and cables
- Ability to handle reference devices and reference cables
- 3D cableway network model may be worked on concurrently by many users
- Automatic selection of supports (cabletrays and hangers) based upon the cableway segment type
- Auto-routing of cables from the schematics into the 3D models with segregation, %fill, preferred nodes and prohibited nodes constraints
- Support of Rectangular , Rectangular Cut-off, Trapezium and Round cableway cross sections
- Round cableway sections enable physical modelling of cable paths from cableway exit to connected device
- Splitting of cableways into multiple branches of differing cross sections and sizes while maintaining network connectivity
- Ability to abruptly change cableway size and shape without the need for a transition piece