CADDS 5 Piping and Outfitting Design Option
All the tools needed for the design and manufacturing planning of piping systems, including Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), isometric piping layouts and the routing of 3D pipe-runs through 3D product assemblies.
This package also includes all the outfitting tools required so that the designer can add brackets and fixing to support the designed pipe-runs. The package can be used for not only the design of main pipe routes, but also those needed for the controlling systems such as actuators and hydraulics.
All information created during a pipe design can be conveniently stored in a local database or in a company's Oracle or Optegra database using the included database management tools so that pipe design rules and component usage can be tracked.
The manufacturing outputs include all the information needed to drive NC pipe-benders directly from the 3D design.
Though not a prerequisite, it is recommended customers use CADDS 5 Concurrent Assembly with this package for additional assembly scalability and flexibility.
This package includes:
- Piping Layout and P&ID
- Piping Isometrics
- Control Pipe
Piping and outfitting design provides the integrated tools enabling the modeling of mechanical equipment and vessels and the necessary connecting piping networks and supports.
CADDS 5 Piping Layout and P&ID (Pipe and Instrumentation Diagram)
Piping Layout and P&ID automates the development of three-dimensional piping and equipment designs and P&ID (process and instrumentation diagrams). Using piping-specific commands, engineers and designers can model, update, analyze, and document piping models and schematics.
The Piping Layout and P&ID software supports two-dimensional schematic and 3-dimensional layout using lines and symbols to represent the pipes, fittings, and other equipment. The software accommodates both graphic and non-graphic information about the piping system in the same database.
The software ensures design integrity. Routines reference the specifications of the original pipeline to automatically size, scale, and orient branch fittings, flanges, gaskets, and bolting. Design verification tools and access to industry-standard piping analysis software allows companies to increase the quality of their designs.
The Piping Layout and P&ID software can automatically generate a fully detailed, real-world image of the piping model or P&ID for review, documentation, and marketing. Users can produce documentation including fully detailed elevations, plans, and other views, as well as bills of material and from/to reports.
Specification driven pipe routing ensures strict adherence to design rules allowing only the correct fitting types and end conditions to be inserted.
- The content of the P&ID can be automatically checked for compliance with the 3D component catalogue as the initial bills of material are generated in order to provide early visibility for MRP and special order items
- Routing tools intelligently place the correct fittings and end-conditions based on the specifications of the pipe run itself to speed the design process and maintain integrity
- Automatic placement of companion fittings such as flanges, gaskets and bolts
- Intelligent fitting and equipment libraries enable users to produce consistent, industry-standard/company-standard designs that are easier and more cost effective to build
- Users can apply interference checking-including avoidance of user-specified boundary clearances-to avoid field rework. This feature will also allow access/maintenance (soft) interference's to be seen in terms of Hard/Hard, Soft/Soft and Hard/Soft
- Design rules checking and access to industry-standard piping analysis programs ensures the integrity, accuracy, and viability of the design
- Insulation of pipework is a feature, which is automatically considered as an addition to the pipework outer-diameter for display and interference detection purposes
- Manufacturing of pipework to given rules is automatically checked. Rules such as clamping distances between bends are automatically applied to the design with the ability to use this facility with multiple fabrication machines specifying which bender is to be used for each pipe
- An ability to communicate to an external (Oracle) database for wider access to the bills of material for pipe systems is supported (pre-requisite Oracle installed). Attributes describing Pipeline, Pipe Spool, Component details and their relationships may be passed to an Oracle RDBMS in a stand-alone or fully networked environment. This functionality allows enterprise wide BOM access and enables component search and verify capabilities when used with EPD.Connect/EPD.Visualizer software from PTC
- An ability to communicate to an external (Oracle) database for wider access to the bills of material for pipework is supported (pre-requisite Oracle installed). Attributes describing Pipeline, Pipe Spool, Component details and their relationships may be parsed to an Oracle RDBMS in a stand-alone or fully networked environment (Oracle RDBMS is a prerequisite). This supports enterprise wide BOM access. The RDBMS data also enables component search and verify capability when used with EPD.Connect/EPD.Visualizer software from PTC.
- Drawings and reports clearly communicate design intent to fittings' manufacturers, purchasing, and assembly crews
- The software automatically updates all pipeline components based on any single user modification, saving hours of design time and ensuring that the design is consistent. Changes to Pipeline Size and Specification are supported, as are addition, modification and removal of reducing Fittings including Branches/Tees.
- Libraries of equipment, fittings, nozzles, P&ID figures, patterns
- Piping specification/ANSI and DIN-ISO catalogs
- Equipment modeling capabilities
- Piping specification generation
- Intelligent routing tools
- Automatic sizing and orientation of fittings and other pipeline components
- Pipeline modification tools
- Automatic Flange, Gasket/Bolt insertion
- Control of bend insertion and clamp length checking to comply with available bending machines
- Automatic Spool generation with additional control on number of bends and pipe length to include
- Spool generation to stock pipe lengths with user definable joint fittings automatically inserted
- Synchronised spooling with ORACLE RDBMS ensures uniqueness of spool numbers over complete network
- Pipe insulation allowances
- External BoM generation using Oracle RDBMS
- Support and Penetration symbols
- Automatic updating of all pipeline components during modifications
- Schematic line-break functions
- Center of gravity calculations
- Generalized pipe stress interface via a neutral output file that also facilitates NC Pipe Bending
- Pipeline detailing tools
- Pipeline report generation
- CVMAC support for automated design and manufacturing outputs.
Fully annotated Spool and Isometric drawings generated at the touch of a button.
CADDS 5 Piping Isometrics
Piping Isometrics software automates the production of fabrication and installation drawings. These drawings, called piping isometrics-provide an easy way for ship and plant designers to communicate the design intent and production details of a three-dimensional piping model or other support system.
The Piping Isometrics software automatically extracts the not-to-scale wire model-along with available manufacturing and installation information from the original CADDS three-dimensional piping model.
This not-to-scale model is automatically adjusted to suit your company's standard drawing sheets applicable and annotated fully as required. CADDS 5 piping isometrics follow industry standard conventions for representing these layouts in an easy-to-understand, not-to-scale format. They also include annotation symbols and conventions that depict specific features of piping layouts.
The resulting piping isometric is an idealized shape that represents the constituent parts of the pipe in a not-to-scale form that easily accommodates dimensions and annotation.
Piping Isometric Drawings
- Clearly indicate flow direction and fitting reductions
- Differentiate shop and field weld points
- Unambiguously describe complex intersections
- Include the positions of pipe supports, key structural elements, and floor and wall penetrations
- Indicate pipe and component identifiers
- Display equipment connection details
- Display end point and branch datum points
- Show true dimensions including sloping pipe details
- Support for both interactive and batch automatic generation of isometrics increases productivity and control over the design process.
- The CADDS 5 environment integrates isometric and three-dimensional modeling; users can customize the output and then interactively edit the resulting isometric for full control of the process.
- Users can apply the full CADDS 5 repertoire of drafting and design tools to create spool drawings and separate fabrication and erection bills of materials; this ensures that the isometrics clearly communicate design intent to fittings' manufacturers, purchasing departments, and assembly crews.
- Piping Isometrics produces more accurate information more quickly and productively, reducing a company's time-to market and labor costs.
- Batch and interactive production of isometrics
- Fully automatic annotation
- Access to the full power of CADDS 5 drafting and dimensioning capabilities
- Automatically generated tabular reports and two-part bill of materials for fabrication and erection
- Spools generated automatically or controlled by number of included bends or maximum spool length
- Spool drawings when used in conjunction with batch (Execute) files or CVMAC
- Control files that identify the issue, date, material, processed, etc.
- Fully customizable using the CVMAC macro programming utility